Alicante: The City of Light
Are you trying to hire a car from Alicante Airport?
Before you get a car in Alicante, get more Information!
Alicante is a Spanish city in the southern part of Valencia. It is one of the most historic ports of Spain in the Mediterranean and it was an important financial and commercial center in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance. Today's population stands at 331,750 residents. There is a significant production of wine and a light industry food processing and transit trade.
The city's airport is known as L'altet Airport and it is located 11 kilometers south of the city center. The airport is served by a number of airlines and you can easily find cheap tickets and tour offers. The city bus takes about 20 minutes to the city center and runs from 6:00 until 24:00. There are car rentals at the airport if you are planning to get a car for your vacations.
Places in Alicante you have to visit
- Make a visit to the Castle of Santa Barbara. It is located on the top of the mount Benacantil and it isone of the largest medieval fortresses in Spain. It offers a view of the town and the harbor
- Archaeological Museum of Alicante
- Gravina Museum of Fine Arts locates in the Old Town and it is a local fine art museum
- Castle of San Fernando is located in the north part of the City Center on the Tossal Hill
- Tabarca Island is a forgotten by the time island, with no cars, chain stores or sky scrapers. Be aware! There are no ATM's so remember to bring cash!
Things to do
- Go for swimming at the Postiguet Beach. It is a sandy and popular beach.
- Find out the dates of the Las Hogueras de San Juan, the most important festival in the city.
- Moros y Cristianos festival is in October in various small villages and towns around the Alicante. It is dedicated on the memory of the Reconquest of each Christian kings of the territory from Islamic forces.
- Explore the city! Rent a bike or a car and start to go around. There are many wonderful corners in the city. Stop in the locals cafe and enjoy a relaxing coffee
Looking for car rent in Alicante's Airport?
Car Rentals is not all about to hire a car Alicante. We want to have THE BEST time in your vacations. For that purpose we want to give you as much informations we can about your trip in Alicante. TripAdvisor is a good way to plan your vacations, be aware of where you are going, what too expect in Alicante.