Skopje: The City of Seven Gates
Are you planning a trip?
Before Skopje car hire, get more Information!
Skopje is the capital of FYROM. It is a city with many influences from its conquerors, like the Ottomans and the Byzantines. Many Byzantine churches and monasteries are located around the city and Roman monuments as Scupi and the Aqueduct. The city today is a modern city with its population is a quarter of the entire population of the country.
Things you can see in Skopje:
- The Kale Fortress stands on the higher hill of the value and if you make a visit there, it can offer you a great view over the city.
- The Stone Bridge was built in the 6th century by Justinian, the Byzantine emperor and it was became the symbol of this town.
- Take a walk to the Macedonia Square
- Make a visit to the Porta Macedonia, a triumphal arch located in Pella and dedicated to the 20 years of independence of FYROM. It is a beautiful sight, especially the night with all the surrounded lights.
Some of the Must See
What to do there:
- Take the car and go to discover the Matka Canyon, Just outside the town. There you can find a beautiful view of a lake and a hydrodam and make a walk or eat in any of the restaurants you will find there and enjoy the view.
- Visit the Macedonian National Theater, which was built in 1945 and there are almost no windows. It is also known as "The Bounce Board".
- Climb to the Vodno Mountain, the taller mountain of the country's southern part. If you manage to reach the top there is a unique view of the city and the value waiting for you up there.
Many events there are taking place every year there, like festivals such as Offset, Jazz Festival, May Opera Evenings and many more.
There are many events taking place outside the city so you have to think about a car rent for your vacation there.
Rent a Car in the city!
Car Rentals is interesting for the quality of your vacations. We are trying our best to get you more and more informations to every single place you want to visite and. One way is to check the TripAdvisor widget to find the places you have to visit in the city, what to do and where to eat, and informations about a car hire!