Pula: The 3000 years old City
Are you trying to hire a car from Pula Airport?
Before you get a car in Pula, get more Information!
Pula is a small and beautiful town at the tip of the Istrian peninsula in Croatia. It was built by Illyrians about 3000 years ago and was occupied by the Romans in 177B.C. After the fallen of the Western Roman empire, this little town was devastated by Ostrogoths. The landlords in Pula changed quite frequently in middle ages from the republic of Venice to Genoa to Illyrian Provinces and many others. When the Second World War was over, the town had become a part of Croatia.
The town has the most of its visitors on the summer season so the most restaurants and attractions remaining closed for the winter's months. In Pula there is an international airport with direct services from many European cities such as London, Oslo, Amsterdam and Zurich. There are many low cost airlines and the tickets for Pula can by really cheap. To reach the town center from the airport you can rent a taxi, get the bus or hire a car in the airport.
Places you have to visit in Pula
- The Arena is the sixth largest Roman amphitheatre which is still well maintained. It is a huge structure near the rest of the buildings and it was barely saved from destruction several times during its life.
- The Forum, the main square of the city, replaces the ancient Roman forum and you can found there the city hall.
- Archeology Museum
- Zlatna Vrata is a Triumphal Arch of the first century BC
- Dvojna Vrata is twin Gate of the second century
- Herkulova Vrata is the Gare of Hercules built in the first century
- Karlo Rojc was a former military school and later barracks. Now days it is operating as cultural and social center with many music studios, venues and art colonies within it.
Images of wonderful places in Pula
Things to do
- Visit a group of islands famous for their scenic beauty, called Brijuni
- Walk through the local marina and check out timetables and prices for a Fish picnic
- A great festival is taking place in Arena from 13th to 27th of July, the Pula Film Festival
- Take a walk to the Sergijevaca street and make a shop lifting from the small local shops
Looking for a Car Hire Pula!
Car Rentals is not all about to hire a car Pula. We want to have THE BEST time in your vacations. For that purpose we want to give you as much informations we can about your trip in Pula. TripAdvisor is a good way to plan your vacations, be aware of where you are going, what too expect in Pula.