Istanbul: The Bridge of Asia and Europe
Are you trying to hire a car from Istanbul Airport?
Before you get a car in Istanbul, get more Information!
Istanbul is the most populous city in Turkey. It is located on both sides of the Bosporus, the narrow strait of Black Sea and Marmara Sea. The population of Istanbul is over 15 million and is one of the largest cities in the Europe and even the World.
Istanbul main Airport is the Ataturk Airport, 20 kilometers west of the city center. It serves the most of the arrivals with destination the city. The metro is the fastest way to reach the city center but there are buses for this purpose. There is a second airport named Sabiha Gokcen Airport and it is located in the Anatolia side of the city, with fewer flights to serve but it is also an important airport for the city. In both Airports you can find companies for car rentals.
Places in Istanbul you have to visit
- There are many ancient monuments to visit such like the Hagia Sofia, Topkapi Palace and Basilica Cistern. It is a city with a long history
- Visit the Military Museum, where Ottoman military music concerts are held every afternoon
- Walk the old city, and discover the Church of St Savior in Chora
- Make a trip to the Princes Islands, nine car-free islands with amazing mansions and pine groves
Things to do
- Make as many as possible walks to the Theodosian Walls. The view on top of them is great
- Explore the local dishes and enjoy the warm tea, even if the weather is hot
- Take part to walking tours
- Join the nightlife of the city. There are great bars and pubs in Istanbul
Looking for car rental?
Car Rentals is not all about hiring a car Istanbul. We want to have THE BEST time in your vacations. For that purpose we want to give you as much informations we can about your trip in Istanbul. TripAdvisor is a good way to plan your vacations, be aware of where you are going, what too expect in Istanbul.