Smirni: Pearl of the Aegean
Are you trying to hire a car from Izmir Airport?
Before you get a car in Izmir, get more Information!
Izmir is the third largest city in Turkey with a population about the 3.7 million. It is located on the Central Aegean cost of Turkey and it is rapidly growing city. The ancient name of this town was Smyrna and it has a large and interesting history. The modern Izmir is developed around a big bay and it is surrounded by mountains. The weather is dry and sunny in the summers and infernally hot.
To visit Izmir you can use the Adnan Memderes Airport, 16 kilometers south of the center of Izmir and with daily flights to the main airport of the biggest cities in Turkey and regular flights from many European Cities as well. To reach the city center you can either use the bus or the suburban train line. You can hire a taxi as well or even better you can look for a car rental in the airport.
Places in Izmir you have to visit
- Konak Square is the main square of the city with a famous clock tower
- Asansor, which translation is Elevator was constructed by a Jewish businessman in 1907 to help residents to reach their districts on the top of the hill
- Alsancak is a group of small streets in Izmir with lots of bars in old Ottoman era houses
- Karsiyaka locates at the other part of Izmir and you can found there some veautiful view of Konak and Alsancak
Things to do
- Go for swimming to the amazing beaches of Izmir. Some of them are Dikili, Urla and Seferihisar
- Buy some clothes and presents in a great bazaar in Izmir named Kemeralti
- Make some walks in Izmir to the Kordon
- Make a visit to Kizlaragasi, an old inn of Izmir, and buy carpets and jewelries
Looking for Car Hire Izmir Airport?
Car Rentals is not all about hiring a car Izmir. We want to have THE BEST time in your vacations. For that purpose we want to give you as much informations we can about your trip in Izmir. TripAdvisor is a good way to plan your vacations, be aware of where you are going, what too expect in Izmir.