Kefalonia: the island of contrasts
Car Rentals Kefalonia
Before you get a car, get more Information!
Kefalonia is the largest island of the Ionian Sea and it offers a large variety of things to do. There are many kinds of landscapes to see there. With sandy beaches, pine groves, vineyards and mountains as you can imagine the island offers plenty of activities for your vacations there.
Kefalonia has a worldwide know beach, on the southern base of Mount Etnos (the tallest mountain of Kefalonia which stands at over 1627 meters), and it is a favorite area for loggerhead turtles to nest and it is protected by the Greek law because of the fact that they are an endangered species. However it is allowed to watch them from distance and it is a marvelous sight.
The Mount Etnos is surrounded by a protected park full of black fur trees. It is a great place to relax and enjoy some walks there discovering a large number of different trails you can follow.
Kefalonia has many beaches on offer, all of them sun trapped and available for a good relaxation. Some the most famous located at Skala (in the south of the island) and Myrtos (north of the island). Myrtos beach is surrounded by a high cliff edge and it is giving amazing views of the Ionian Sea and this spot is known worldwide as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Beautiful image from a beatiful Island!
Some others wonderful beaches on the island are:
- Antisamos beach has been marked with the blue flag, it is located a few kilometers away from the port of Sami. The landscape combines all shades of blue and green, where the vegetation grows almost into the sea.
- Petani the meaning of the name is “an area with abundant water throughout the year”. The Petani Beach consists of fine white pebbles and crystal clear turquoise waters. Enjoy your coffee or drink, while admiring the breathtaking sunset.
- Xi (ksi) Xi Beach has no steep cliffs or deep waters and it is very easily accessible. Its waters are very shallow and thus more than suitable for children. What makes the Xi Beach so unique and extremely impressive is its reddish color of sand. If you are planning to rent a car there and go to the beach, is well organized and you will easily find a parking place. There are water sports there for those who love the adrenaline.
There are plenty of sightseeings as well on the island. Some of them are:
- Melissani Cave
- Drogarati Cave
- Monastery and church of Agios Gerasimos
- History and Folklore Museum Kefalonia
And many more! Kefalonia is an island with enormous number of natural view to enjoy. It is a perfect place for vacations for all the ages.
Rent a Car in Kefalonia!
Car Rentals is interesting for the quality of your vacations. We are trying our best to get you more and more informations to every single place you want to visite and. One way is to check the TripAdvisor widget to find the places you have to visit in Kefalonia, what to do and where to eat.