Malaga: City of Culture
Are you trying to hire a car from Malaga Airport?
Before you get a car in Malaga, get more Information!
Malaga is the capital of the Malaga Province and is a large city in the southern part of Spain. It is the birthplace of the famous artist, Pablo Picasso. There are many activities taking place in this wonderful city such as hiking, architectural sites, art museums, endless shopping. In Malaga there are some genuinely interesting cultural and historical attractions.
The Malaga International Airport is the third biggest international airport in Spain. Many airlines fly to this airport and it is possibly to get very cheap tickets from the main European Airports. It is located 8 kilometers southwest of Malaga and you can use the bus to reach the city center. At the airport you can get a car hire if you like to have your own transportation.
Even if you hire a car in the airport you have to rent a bicycle. Malaga is trying to become one cycling friendly city and nowadays is a really pleasure to get around in the city by using the bicycles. The locals are also using their bicycles more often to go to work as they used to. As a result, bicycle is one of the best ways to explore the city. There are many companies offering tours with bikes for a small fee.
Places in Malaga you have to visit
- Alcazaba is a Moorish castle on a hill in the middle of Malaga. It was build in the 11th century and is the best preserved of its kind in Spain
- Visit the remains of an old Roman Theater. There is a short film show also for some artifacts before entering the theater itself and it is free
- Castillo de Gibralfaro is another Moorish Castel and the counterpart to the Alcazaba. It sits on a larger hill behind the Lacazaba and it offers a great view of Malaga
- Malaga Cathedral is located in the heart of the city
- Picasso Museum and Picasso's birthplace are two places worth visiting for the art's lovers
- Museo Carmen Thyssen is a collection of 19th and 20th century Spanish paintings
Things to do
- In Malaga you can go for rock climb. There are lots of great climbing and hiking areas in and around Malaga. You can make a visit to the amazing El Chorro Gorge, about 50 minutes to the northwest of the town.
- The beaches in Malaga are truly amazing. The nearest in the city is La Malagueta but it not one of the most quietr and prettier beaches can be found.
- Taste some local dishes and enjoy the nightlife of Malaga. There are many local bars and cafe you can enjoy a drink
Looking for car rent in Malaga's Airport?
Car Rentals is not all about to hire a car Malaga. We want to have THE BEST time in your vacations. For that purpose we want to give you as much informations we can about your trip in Malaga. TripAdvisor is a good way to plan your vacations, be aware of where you are going, what too expect in Malaga.