Paphos: city of culture 2017
Are you planning a trip on Paphos?
Before you get a car, get more Information!
Paphos is a beautiful town in Cyprus and the birthplace of Aphrodite, the goddess of beauty according to mythology. The city is divided into two districts, the upper which is the shopping center while the lower has the most ancient sights of the city as well as hotels and restaurants.
They made some efforts to improve the lower part of the city, so it became even more friendly to visitors. On the beach there is a promenade which helps to walk the marina and admiring the stunning views.
Paphos has an airport with direct flights from many countries and big airport Companies, so it is easy to found cheap tickets for this destination. Public transportation is connenting the city with the airport but you can also rent a taxi car which is not an expensive idea. Of course you can hire a car from the airport.
Things to Do in Paphos:
- Visit the Archeological Park of Paphos. There is located the house of Dionisus and Theseus ruins famous for their mosaics
- You can visit the Tombs of the Kings, although they are not actually tombs of Kings but is worthy of their name.
- At the edge of the marina is Paphos Fort, a building with a long history. It was built by the Turks in 1586 and still stands there.
Images from the island of Paphos
- You can visit the Tala Village which is located northwest of Paphos. It is a traditional village and a very nice monastery which you must see. While you're there taste the recipes of the local restaurants.
- If you are looking for some activities you can go to the Paphos Bird Park, which is a big animal park north of the City.
- Also there is the Aphrodite Water Park, a large and very nicely themed water park.
- It is recommended to leave behind your car and take a walk to the coastal path from the Tombs of the Kings site to Geroskipou Beach or if you are more x-treme you can walk all the way from the airport almost to Coral Bay.
Rent a Car! Fast Reservation and Cheap Cars
Car Rentals is interesting for the quality of your vacations. We are trying our best to get you more and more informations to every single place you want to visite and. One way is to check the TripAdvisor widget to find the places you have to visit in Paphos, what to do and where to eat.