Porto: Cidade Invicta
Are you trying to rent a car?
Before you get a car in Porto, get more Information!
Porto is a small city in Portugal and its population reaches the 300, but it is a busy industrial and commercial center. The city is located along the hills overlooking the Douro river estuary, and UNESCO awarded its historical center with the World Heritage status in 1996.
The climate in Porto is semi-Mediterranean and it is cooler than other cities with this climate as it is affected by the Atlantic Ocean. The maximum temperature is about the 40 degrees Celsius in summer season and the winters are mild and humid with the temperatures can drop occasionally below 0 degrees.
Places to Visit in Porto:
- Mercado do Bolhao is a traditional market with fruits, vegetables, meat and fish, all of them fresh. It is a low price market and it is fun to make a walk there and why not to buy something.
- Livraria Lello is an amazing old bookshop to explore. You can also have a coffee there or a glass of port.
- Torre dos Clerigos is one of Porto's landmarks with about 240 steps to its top. It is a worth effort to reach the top as the view there is fantastic.
- Pavilhao Rosa Mota is a multipurpose pavilion and great garden to walk and rest.
- Museu Romantico was the house of the Italian King since his exile.
Images of wonderful places in Porto
Porto's airport is also known as Aeroporto do Porto or Aeroporto de Pedras Rubras and it is the third busiest airport in the country. The airport is located 15 kilometers from the city center, and you can look there for car rentals Porto Airport if you are planning to hire a car. This airport has gained the award "one of the best airports in Europe" in 2006 as it is offering really good conditions to its passengers. If you are not going to rent a car you can use the public transportation to go to the city center or the taxi.
In the Portugal you may be aware of the picklockers as the economics of this country are in crisis. But it is a wonderful city to visit and discover, as there are many architecture monuments in sight. The city is a mixing of medieval and modern architecture and both are subsisting side by side.
Porto Airport Car Rentals? Easy Car Hire
Car Rentals is not all about to car rental Porto. We want to have THE BEST time in your vacations. For that purpose we want to give you as much informations we can about your trip in Porto. TripAdvisor is a good way to plan your vacations, be aware of where you are going, what too expect in Porto.