Rhodes: the island of Knights
Are you planning a trip on Rhodes?
Before you get a car, get more Information!
Rhodes is an island with a thousands of names. The island of the Roses, of the Sun, the island of snakes and deer and many more names have been given to the island of the Knights. Rhodes is an island full of things to see and do. It is the largest island of the Dodecanese and the climate is considered subtropical with over three thousand hours of sunshine per year. The Airport is located to the northwestern part of the island. Rhodes (or Rodos) has hundreds of villages that you can discover. And beaches? Countless! But some of those are the must see of the island:
Must see beaches
- Tsampika Beach
- The beach of Antony Queen
- Prasonisi (although it is located on the southest point of Rhodes)
And thousands more! Because of the size and the geology of Rhodes, is an island full of nice places to visit. If you want to enjoy the sea you do not have to make long distances (although the remote beaches are the dreamiest). The west side is covered all along with the best seas of the island. Gravely, pebbly, sandy and even rocky beaches with sun beds on the top of the rocks are invite you to have a good time under the hot sun of Rhodes.
Images from the island of Rhodes
In the capital city there is the Old Town. The medieval city is near the port of Rhodes and it is a forgotten in time place full of life. The beautiful city of the Knights is a place like not other in the world. If you decide to walk it, be prepared to get lost in the thousands of narrows street. Even for the locals are quite easy to get lost in the city if they are not carefully enough. But do not feel intimidated at all. Getting lost as you walk may give many beautiful images and sights.
The nightlife of the city is divided mainly into two areas. Locals and tourists. But many times both styles of entertainment get mixed with a result of a great time of enjoying the night life! Bars, clubs and even discos of the 80s are on the island. It is an island that has a fully fledged life.
If you do not going to rent a car is better not to go Rhodes. The island offers plenty to sights and it won’t be worth a visit. The city of Rhodes is a wonderful city but the whole island is a green paradise and it is a pity if you are not going to make a tour on it.
One of the most traditional villages of the Aegean is that of Lindos. With an Acropolis placed towering over the village and a set of stoned whitewashed houses as a décor of Lindos is a beautiful image you will never forget. You can also use adorable donkeys as a transportation to the top of the Lindos’s Acropolis!
Other attractions that you may visit on the island are:
- The seven sources, which build by the Italians in Rhodes. An area that maze you, full of water and life, while a pitch dark tunnel with a height of only 1.5 meters in waiting to hike it.
- The Valley of Butterflies is a valley in which a rare species of butterflies are leaving for only two months a year and they offer a unique spectacle.
- The Cross of Filerimos. A constructed cross which you can climb within with the staircase and watch unique view from its top. To get there you have to walk and the way the sufferings of Jesus, a path with illustrations of His sufferings.
- To climb up to the Tsabika, a church is built on the mountain beside the sea and offers a great view.
Rent a Car in Rhodes!
Car Rentals is interesting for the quality of your vacations. We are trying our best to get you more and more informations to every single place you want to visite and. One way is to check the TripAdvisor widget to find the places you have to visit in Rhodes, what to do and where to eat.