Varna: The Sea Capital of Bulgaria
Are you trying to rent a car?
Before you get a car rental in Varna at Airport, get more Information!
Varna, the third largest city of Bulgaria, is a major tourist destination, a business and university center. It is the main seaport of Bulgaria and it is the headquarters of the Bulgarian Navy and merchant marine.
It is a city easily reachable by all the kind of transportations. Varna, except the seaport, has and an airport which handled over one million passengers every year. The airport of Varna is about 10 kilometers from the city's center. There are flights from all the main airports of the Europe so it easy to get cheap tickets. You can also hire a car from the airport. If you want to avoid the travel with a plane you can reach Varna by the train or the bus as well as it is connected with the main European roads.
Places to visit there:
- Varna Archaeological Museum. The museum is hosting more than 100000 objects- monuments of the past epochs from Varna, Region and Northeast Bulgaria.
- Naval Museum is one of the symbols of Varna. It is located in the southern part of the sea garden.
- Museum of Ethnography
- Battle of Varna Park Museum (Varnenchik)
- Sea Garden is the oldest and perhaps the largest park. It is a perfect place for a walk or a bicycle ride. It contains also zoo and terrarium. The Garden is a national monument of landscape architecture.
- Make a visit to the Varna Aquarium which its exhibition focuses on the Blacks Sea's flora and fauna, with over 140 fish species. It is also hosting freshwater fish, Mediterranean fish and exotic species.
Wonderfull images of the Sea Capital of Bulgaria
Activities in Varna
- Varna Green Tour is a free bike tour. You can explore the city on a bike and you will see beautiful green parts of the city and many landmarks such as the Cathedral of the Assumption of the Virgin, the Sea Garden, the Dolphinatium and the Roman Baths.
- Free Varna Tour is a free English-language sightseeing walking tour of the sea capital of Bulgaria.
- Try the local kitchen
- Go a trip on the country side of Varna if you had hired a car.